Registration of Divorces
Person in Charge:
Mr. Tony Barkachy
Tel: 1 (212) 744-7905, ext 3
Alternate Person in Charge:
Mr. Habib Osman
Tel: 1 (212) 744-7905, ext 2
For follow up on the status of your registration by family name, kindly check this link Pouch for the diplomatic pouch number within which your documents were sent to Lebanon.
For follow up in Lebanon, kindly check with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigrants, Department of Immigrants, Section of Properties and Registration دائرة الأملاك و القيد on the following link MoFA.
Registration takes an average of 5 months. The consulate will notify you in a timely manner once the pertinent authorities in Lebanon send proof of completion of registration or otherwise any further requests.All vital status events (marriage, birth or death) that take place outside Lebanon should be registered at the Lebanese mission (embassy/consulate/honorary consulate) in the country of incidence. If there is no Lebanese mission in the country of incidence, then the registrations should be done at the nearby Lebanese mission that covers such a country.
Divorce registration applications should be submitted by:
- Any of the spouses or their legal proxies/guardians.
- Their descendant, if both spouses are deceased.
At the Consular Section or via certified mail at your own risk, while noting that we only receive mail on working days and during working hours. Check our holiday and working hours schedule for more details. Kindly note that we don’t collect mail from the post office or the offices of any mailing service.
Complete a divorce application (select the link to get the form) and enclose the following:
· Divorce documents (final court decree):
- Two true copies of the original English document.
- Two copies of the English document translated to Arabic by a sworn translator.
· Two copies of a recent family/individual ikhraj kayd or Lebanese identification card (I.D.) for the Lebanese applicant/s.
· For non-Lebanese spouses: two copies of the birth certificate and passport if available.
. Follow up on the implementation of the divorce in Lebanon or appoint a proxy on your behalf.
· Fees: free of charge.